• Nokomis Montessori proudly serves the East Side of Saint Paul with two amazing campuses that both serve
students in grades PreK-5.
• Our school is based on the Montessori Method: students learn at their own pace in multi-grade classrooms,
independently cultivating their interests and natural abilities.
• Teachers help students choose their work in carefully prepared environments; students use hands-on materials
to practice and understand skills and concepts.
• Teachers are Montessori-certified and use the Montessori philosophy to guide instruction.
• Nokomis Montessori has an active PTO that provides many opportunities for families to be involved each year.
• Community-building activities include the PTO Fall Festival, Hmong New Year, PTO Family Craft Night and
Pre-K (full-day) • Discovery Club • Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Regional Magnet School for Areas A, C-east