• Students explore the culture, language, history, folklore, art, literature and traditions of many cultures, with a special focus on Hmong culture.
• Phalen Lake prepares students to be confident and creative thinkers who seek out knowledge to gain a better understanding of our interconnected world.
• Through our Hmong/English Dual Language program, students build skills and knowledge to understand, speak, read and write in another language and gain respect for other cultures.
• With a vibrant Hmong community in the Twin Cities, Hmong is a language that you don’t have to travel far to use.
• Our program is available for all students – both native and non-native Hmong speakers.
Pre-K (full-day dual language and half-day English) • Language Academy • Rec-N-Motion • Discovery Club •Extended Day for Learning (EDL)